This one is a classic French Recipe, modified a little bit of course.
– 2 Leeks, chopped rough (only the white part)
– 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
– 3T vegan butter (not shown)
– 3 cloves, garlic, chopped roughly
– 2 bay leaves [rml_read_more]
– 2 sprigs of thyme
– 4C veg (or chik’n ) broth
Soften the leeks in butter. Once soft, add the garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Saute for a minute. Add the potatoes and broth and simmer till the potatoes are done (about 15-20 minutes). Remove the thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Blend with a hand-blender till smooth. Let it cool down till the vessel is very warm to the touch. Add cream and mix well. Season with white pepper and sea salt. Serve with something crisp. Shown above are dill potato crisp and deep fried leeks (green parts).