One of the easiest yet tasty appetizers I’ve made in a long time!
– 2 medium beets, boiled and skinned
– 1t good quality extra-virgin olive oil
– 1t rice vinegar
– 1t honey
– 1 small pack of plain goat cheese
– 6-8 medium fresh sage leaves
– Nori-wasabi sheet (found in Japanese/Korean stores in the sushi isle)
While the beets are boiling, take the honey, vinegar and add to the olive oil mix (or shake in a bottle). Set aside for 10-15 minutes. Dice the sage leaves very finely and mix into the goat cheese. Cut the peeled beet into rounds, dip lightly into the vinegar-honey-oil mixture and plate it with a dollop of the sage-goat cheese mixture. Top it off with a thin strip of the nori-wasabi piece. If you can’t find nori-wasabi sheets, use a plain nori sheet and add 1/8 – 1/4t of wasabi into the sage-goat cheese mixture.